Friday 26 January 2024

Sometimes, naked, I don't feel naked.Sometimes I feel naked when clothed.What if all our incredible futuresare still just bound for misery?  A thing breaks, and we are on fire with rage.Was it supposed to enjoy eternity, like us?  Before Trojans were mascots or condoms, they were warriors. Before non-sequiturs were digressions, they were songs.The universe is an echo chamber of discordant matter.Heaven is a fraudulent quorum of marooned demigods.I am detached from narrative, history, identity:whip out a dictionary and tell me what that means.On the days the stars conspire against me,I will conquer and overcome my ugliness.Today, I saw the sun rise into a bank of clouds.I want to be strong, and I want also to not have to be strong.I left the windows open. Is it raining now?The shadow is a mouth that baptizes.The shadow is a lover who won't call.You die and die and die then live. I think of the small white moths orbiting the garden.Because they are beautiful, because they barely exist at all.

Kirsten and Joerg

Victorian House