Monday 29 January 2024

I honestly don't believe housewives were as miserable as feminists claim they were. I looked into claims of so-called "housewife psychosis", and all I found was one case from the late 1800s studied by Sigmund Freud. I really wouldn't call that reliable evidence. I also stumbled upon something people were calling "housewife neurosis" from being fixated on having a perfectly clean home. Again, there were no statistics, no case studies, and no real research. Just that it apparently existed in the 40s/50s vintage housewife era. I'm not going to put my faith in that. I can't speak for feminism in every country, but early feminists in the United States had the intention of ruining the nuclear family. The big-name suffragettes here in Canada never even wanted equality as modern feminism pushes. They still wanted to be wives and mothers, just with their opinion heard. And even though they did fight, that doesn't mean their actions were ultimately good. Good intentions can have bad outcomes.

Kirsten and Joerg

Victorian House